Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Home-Safe and Sound

Our traveling is completed and everyone is safe and sound back in the country. I must say that it is bittersweet. Everything--the beauty of the cathedrals, the greatness and antiquity of the architecture, the smell of the rain and chill of the wind, and the sinful delights of the food--was so enchanting in England; I miss it. Yet, the familiarity, comfort, and love for home and family make me pleasantly content to be back.

Two days of class remain and my last Interim term at Wofford College is over; by far it has been the best and most memorable. I have studied at Oxford, visited numerous cities, buildings, museums, the theater, and even a zoo, shopped at Harrods and side-street markets, rode on the subway, and made lasting friendships. However, perhaps the most significant “souvenir” from England is the impact that this Interim’s many situations, experiences, people, and relationships have had on my walk with Christ. I feel that my personal relationship with Jesus has been strengthened; I have a better understanding and more clarity of God’s will and His working in my life. Who could want more?

- Kimberly

No comments: